Saturday 2 February 2013

Wonderful Wellies!

FWOTW:
Hello my Lovelies I hope you are all feeling well! This Weeks Word as you can see is.. Crêpe! And no I don't mean the French pancake! This is a light soft thin fabric of silk, cotton, wool, or another material, with a crinkled surface. Also called crape*no silliness please madam, I see your laughter* So there is your little fact of the day there!
If Money Was No Option? (IMWNO) I would buy the new Dolce & Gabbana - Sicily Classic tote in the colour duck egg blue with a hint of mint green in... It doesn't say the colour.. but I ADORE THIS.
What happened this week?
Nothing. Not even joking! I had my busy week last week with my busy social life etc, but this week I have been working really hard on my English course work analysing poetry which after 3 days my friends gets very very tedious D: but I have weeks more of this.. With all this work I will have no life at all, which makes me really sad!
However, me and my little group of friends have a great gathering on a Wednesday afternoon for a catch up as we aren't always together, we like to call it.. 'Coffee club' we are so cool when it comes to names and we just have a chit chat and have a drink and chat about things, but this week was significant as all 7 of us went and this hasn't happened since Crimbo. 

WELL DONE TO US. *applause*

AOTW: 
This week I have been addicted to Imagine Dragons. It is this very band that has kept me going all week, all of their songs are super catchy and there isn't one song I don't like!
They are an American band who formed in 2008 in LA. Their new album 'Night Visions' is out now, and I highly recommend it!
This is one of their songs, which is my FAVE:  Tiptoe I hope you all enjoy this band as much as I do

This weeks little feature is... *drum roll*.. Wellie reviews! I figured since we are getting heaps of rain, some people will be wearing their wellingtons and so I thought it would be nice to share with you my Favourites, some which are a tad expensive, some really cheap, some funky and some really plain :)

1. This little list would be nowhere without seeing some Hunter. I love hunter wellies and yes they are very pricey, but they last and last and last! I have a plain pair in black, but they are really muddy so I will show you a piccy of the actual wellie

2. Something many will not be familiar with is the shop 'Yorkshire Trading' now it seems lame, but they do indeed have a brand of clothing called.. 'Ryedale' kudos to them for the great name! But saying this they do some really funky wellies and in fact when I was younger I had a rather Jazzy pair from here ;)

3.
The next best thing to Hunter, Joules. This is a really good brand of wellie and they don't just do plain colours! They do the odd funky pattern here and there, which is always a good thing! My mum has a plain Purple pair, here is the pair we have at home :) I will also put in a Jazzier pair :)
4. All the 'Lads' out there will be wondering 'where is a wellie for me?' well fear not. The rigga boot is making an appearance . although technically not a wellie, they are a very good waterproof shoe to wear in the rain and if you are going to build a house.. so these boots have top marks for the wear and tear! My dad recommends these... and if he likes them then, they are a great shoe!

5. Lastly I am just going to throw in some Wellies which I adored in my childhood, and I always wore them with a stripey sock... I was one coolio kid! They are Barbie wellies with a Heel.. they are the bees knee's :P


In Stead of inspiration, I thought why not do an OOTW.. This week *drum roll*


 Jumper: French Connection
Necklace: H&M
Leggings: Jack Wills 
'A' Bracelet: Accessorize
Clover Bracelet: Miss Selfridge
Silver Ball Bracelet: Gift for my 18th
I think I might mix it up each week with inspiration and what I am wearing.. hope you like this idea :)
Thanks for reading - Like & Comment

1 comment:

  1. During the rainy season I live in my Hunter wellies-love them! And you absolutely right-soo worth the extra $$


    //Birdie Shoots//

    ReplyDelete